To find many more lessons related to the Green Thumb Challenge, other GEF programs, or sustainability education topics, please search the Sustainability Lesson Clearinghouse.
PreK - 2
- Nutrition Label Scavenger Hunt
- Coloring the Life Cycle of Fruits and Vegetables
- Make Bark and Leaf Rubbings
- How to Grow a Cactus Indoors
- Ready, Set, Grow!
Grades 3 -5
- Benefits of Indoor Plants
- Design a Colonial Garden
- Cafeteria Compost
- How to Grow Red Seaweed
- Planning a Garden Using a Grid
- Build an Indoor Compost Bin
- Growing a Native American '3 Sisters' Garden
- Community Gardens and Propoganda Posters
- Starting an Indoor Container Garden from Seed
- Composting 'The Right Mix'