It's that time of year again! GEF and Gardener’s Supply Company have teamed up on an exciting funding opportunity for established youth garden projects nationwide! The organizations are calling on schools and youth groups to submit chronicles of their garden projects in a race to win a $500 prize. The award is designed to support the continued sustainability of an exceptional youth garden program that has demonstrated success, and has impacted the lives of kids and their community.
Deadline: September 30, 2014
- One video, up to ten minutes long
- A digital portfolio, comprising up to ten photos with captions (please send original photo files)
- Scanned artwork with descriptions
Existing garden programs involving children currently in grades K-12, from schools and youth groups nationwide. Please note that this grant is not for gardens that have not yet been started.
• Awards must be allocated towards the sustainability of current garden program.
• Winners will be selected through a fair and impartial selection process by the Selection Committee appointed by the organizers.
Green Education Foundation (GEF)
Attn: Victoria Waters
Green Thumb Challenge Award
1412 North Street
East Walpole, MA 02081
Note that by entering the competition, you have assigned copyright of your garden project materials to the organizers. Photographs, videos and other submitted media may be further utilized in exhibition, websites, posters, publications, etc.