Register with GEF for FREE to enjoy these great benefits!
member only contests and raffles
sustainability program news and updates
Note: If you have problems registering, contact
- Continue to advertise your garden meeting through community channels. Hold the meeting early in the month to share plans and designs, and to sign up volunteers. Designate a volunteer drop-in day for your garden, and brainstorm additional ideas and resources.
- Purchase garden tools and supplies.
- Set a date for soil and compost deliveries if ordering in bulk.
- Prepare soil in plots as soon as it is dry and weather permits: top-dress vegetable and flower beds with compost. In established gardens, turn under cover crops, or “green manure.”
- Mulch all garden pathways now to prevent weeds.
- Start your compost! Refer to the composting section for guidance.