Register with GEF for FREE to enjoy these great benefits!
member only contests and raffles
sustainability program news and updates
Note: If you have problems registering, contact
- As mulches around your plants break down, add a fresh layer. Side-dress your plants with liquid fertilizer.
- Donate a surplus of produce to local shelters and food kitchen.
- Contact a local farmers market – raise money for the garden by selling large yielding crops (i.e. herbs, tomatoes).
- Plant cool-weather fall crops in Mid-August: greens (kale, chard, kohlrabi, etc.), radishes, turnips, broccoli, lettuce, brussels sprouts.
- Host a harvest party at the end of the month (consider having it in connection with Back-to-School Night). Be sure to invite all contributors and volunteers!
- Many flowering annuals (marigolds) can be trimmed, lifted, and potted for indoors.
- Take a soil test for fall clean up.